April 26, 2018
For breakfast or brunch, these peach waffles have crisp exteriors and perfectly cakey middles with tiny peach pieces in every bite.
For this recipe, you can use fresh, frozen, or canned peaches, and this post explains how. Don’t they look amazing?
These fluffy peach waffles are simple, delicious and make a memorable breakfast your family will love.
The batter for this recipe is a bit thicker than a traditional waffle, which is how you get that glorious cake-like texture filled with sweet pieces of canned peaches. Top it with some homemade peach syrup and you’ve got a winning breakfast coming right up!
To make these Peaches and Cream Waffles come true, you only need canned peaches and classic waffles ingredients:
- Milk: use your favorite type of milk.
- Plain Greek yogurt: sour cream also works.
- Eggs: bind together all the ingredients.
- Butter: you can use salted or unsalted butter. If you use salted, omit the extra salt ingredient addition.
- Peaches: the heart of these waffles. Canned peaches have a softer texture, cook evenly, and work great with waffle batter. Read more on the other options below.
- Vanilla: adds a yummy flavor!
- All-purpose flour: you can also use 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour to make these waffles gluten-free.
- Baking powder: it makes the waffles super soft and fluffy.
- Baking soda: reacts with the other ingredients for more fluffiness!
- Cinnamon: just a little adds a delicious flavor!
- Salt: just a pinch to activate the leavening ingredients.
How to Make Peach Waffles
Peach waffles come together really easily: mix, combine and cook! Now grab the ingredients to make the fluffiest, softest fruit waffles ever!
- Mix wet ingredients
In a bowl or a blender, whisk the wet ingredients: milk, Greek yogurt or sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients
In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Make the batter
Form a well in the center of the dry ingredients mix and add the wet mixture to form a smooth batter.
- Add the peaches
Chop peach slices into small pieces to fill ½ to ¾ cup. Add chopped peaches to the batter and mix to combine.
- Make the waffles
In a preheated waffle iron, spray lightly with non-stick spray (if necessary). Fill your waffle iron with enough batter to fill the cavity and cook until a golden brown crust forms.
Serve waffles warm, topped with whipped cream, peach syrup, and your favorite toppings!
Watch the magic happen in this recipe video.
Can I Use Fresh Peaches in Waffle Batter
To use fresh peaches, wash and peel the peaches. On a cutting board, slice them and then dice them into small pieces before adding them to the batter.
Can I Use Frozen Peaches for These Waffles?
If using frozen peach slices, thaw them out by running them under warm water. On a cutting board, chop them into small pieces and then add them to the batter.
Topping Peach Waffles
What are waffles without the best toppings? These Peach Waffles taste even better with this easy homemade peach syrup you can make quickly for a complete peach feast.
You can also top these waffles with whipped cream and the remaining peach slices from the recipe. Tons of goodness in every bite. Simply amazing!
Make-Ahead Peach Waffles
Of course, I’ve made these waffles many times, and I like to double my batter and make extras to freeze. Simply place your waffles on a parchment lined baking sheet, freeze them, and transfer them to a zip bag. To enjoy them again, I simply toast them for a few minutes, and they are ready!
To keep these warm while I get the table set up or wait for kids to roll out of bed, I place them in my oven at 200F to keep warm directly on the rack. So easy, right?
One thing is for certain, my waffle maker gets a great workout with this recipe. “Keep them coming!” are words I hear often. Maybe it’s their amazing taste or the drizzle of warm homemade peach syrup… it’s probably all the things!
Peach Waffle Recipe
For the waffles:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt, or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch kosher salt
- 15 ounce can Peach Slices in 100% Fruit Juice, drained
- Heat waffle iron.
- In a bowl (or blender), whisk the milk, Greek yogurt or sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Form a well in the center and add the wet mixture to the dry to form a smooth your batter.
- Chop peach slices into small pieces to fill ½ to ¾ cup and save remaining slices for topping. Add chopped peaches to the batter and mix to combine.
- When iron is hot, spray lightly with non-stick spray (if necessary). Fill your waffle iron with enough batter to fill the cavity (this will vary by waffle iron) and cook until a golden brown crust forms.
- Serve waffles warm, topped with whipped cream and peach syrup.