This was a sponsored post by Sabra. The recipe in this post and all opinions are my own.
I love lunch. While most people dread lunch packing or mope about having “leftovers” again, I am thrilled at the opportunity to create delicious lunches every day. These easy avocado rolls will get you loving lunch too.
Fact: I pack 5 lunches every day
My kids are super picky. My daughter is eating more and more items each day but progress is slow. My middle child would be happy with a cheese sandwich and a yogurt or any of my homemade breads. Thank goodness he loves my breads. They allow me to get super creative and throw a lot of nutrition packed ingredients without him noticing too much.
Baby G is a piggy. He will eat anything. He’s definitely a lover of all things protein. Since his teeth came out all he wants to do is chew, except when he takes a spoon and eats hummus right out of the bowl. Although his school provides breakfast, lunch and a snack; I still pack all his food daily. One look at the food calendar and I knew I was in it for the long haul. So, I got a note from his doctor saying that his food needed to be home made and he opted out of their meals.
After packing so much food every day, I’m usually exhausted. Good thing I have a plan for the week and a fridge full of fresh ingredients to make yummy lunches for myself. Including, this delicious zesty avocado wrap. Check out how easy it is to make:
If you follow me on Instagram, you will see all the food I make and the ingredients I love. One of those is avocados. They are nutrition-rich and are perfect for many of my lunches. I also love Sabra Hummus. That’s no secret. I’ve made a lot of lunches with their hummus even prior to my trip to their factory. If you missed my easy hummus crostinis, you might want to check out the recipe.
Back to my lunches. Even grownups need to eat lunch, right? Last week, Sabra sent me a huge shipment of their salsas and I couldn’t get enough of the roasted garlic one. The first night, I marinated chicken with it and grilled it on the BBQ. The chicken was gone but I still had more salsa! The next day for lunch I made these awesome zesty avocado rolls and well, it was love at first bite.
Tortilla Roll-Ups with Avocado & Cream Salsa
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned (in strips)
- ⅓ cup Sabra roasted garlic salsa
- ⅓ cup whipped cream cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix roasted garlic salsa and whipped cream cheese until evenly combined.
- Lay whole grain tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread salsa mixture onto tortillas.
- Distribute about ¼ of a diced avocado evenly on each tortilla. Lay a few julienned pepper strips along the middle of each tortilla.
- Roll tortilla from one end to the other. With a sharp knife, cut the “roll” in half, and then each half in 1” pieces.
- Serve with additional salsa for dipping