When Sunday beef roast meets Taco Tuesday you get tender shredded beef tacos topped with cheese and fresh pico de gallo that taste incredible.
Want to see how this perfect taco night meal comes together? Check out the video below!
Hands down, tacos are my new favorite way to enjoy slow cooker roast beef. I can’t wait for you to try this recipe for yourself!
This is just one of 52 amazing taco recipes you’ll find in my Taco Tuesday cookbook! And it’s not just tacos, you’ll find sauces, drizzles and even some fresh Pico to keep your tacos fresh and exciting all year long.
Shredded Beef Tacos that are Full of Flavor
The best, shredded beef taco is inspired by your favorite, down-home dinner recipe.
But this isn’t your typical Beef Roast recipe. Instead of the traditional carrots, potatoes, and gravy, we’re slow cooking the beef with taco seasonings, peppers, and lime for some mega delicious tacos!
Serrano and jalapeno peppers are used to give the meat a kick of heat and extra flavor. If heat isn’t your thing, don’t worry, leave them out and carry on with the recipe. The tacos will still be UH-MAZING!
How to Make Slow Cooker Beef
Like all slow cooker recipes, this one involves minimal effort for a delicious meal. Set the roast in the slow cooker dish, top with the veggies, peppers, and seasonings and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours for the perfect, tender, fall apart roast.
If you’re pressed for time, you can also cook it on high for 4 to 6 hours but I always get the best results when I let beef, pork, and chicken cook low and slow. It gives the meat time to cook and soak in its own juices.
What to Put on Tacos
I’m sure all of us here are professional taco eaters, and if you’ve been following the Taco Tuesday series on my YouTube Channel, you know the elements of the perfect taco:
- Meat or Vegetarian option (eggs, beans, mushrooms etc.)
Once you have the meat down, it’s time to choose how you’ll top your taco and there are A TON of incredible options like:
- Cotija cheese, shredded cheese, Goat cheese, feta
- Fresh salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Sauteed peppers and onions
- Black Olives
For these Slow Cooker Shredded Roast Beef Tacos I chose shredded Cheddar cheese, avocado, and fresh pico de gallo. The pico gives these beef tacos a refreshing element while the cheese does it’s thing and gets all melted and gooey.
You’ll notice this recipe doesn’t have a sauce, but that because the juice from the roasted beef is a sauce all on its own!
If you like a little more oomph! in your tacos, the Taco Tuesday Cookbook has you covered with ideas like roasted peppers and onions, Curried Cauliflower, a fried egg, Cilantro Lime Dressing, Pineapple Salsa, Cilantro Chimichurri, Sriracha Lime Dressing, Thai Peanut Sauce – we definitely kick Tuesdays up a notch.
More Beef Taco Recipes
If you’re always up for beef tacos, I’ve got more where this came from, so give these recipes a try, then tell me whatcha think! Make these for taco night, and be sure to tag me in it @LauraSFuentes.
There you have it! Five-star worthy shredded beef tacos you can make at home!
But it all starts right here with the shredded beef tacos that come straight from your slow cooker!
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos
- 2 pound chuck beef roast
- 2 tablespoon Taco seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded if desired and finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded if desired and finely diced
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup lime juice, about 2 limes
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 corn or flour tortillas, store-bought or homemade, warmed
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Pico de gallo
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the seasoning all over. Add the garlic, onion, and peppers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the water, lime juice, and tomato paste. Pour the mixture over the beef and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 6 hours or on low for 8 to 10 hours. In the last hour, transfer the roast to a cutting board and shred the beef with two forks. Return the shredded beef to the slow cooker, cover, and continue cooking for the last hour.
- To serve, top each tortilla with some of the beef and vegetable mixture. Add shredded cheese, avocado slices, and pico de gallo.