This is the type of recipe you can prep in 5 minutes and come home to a delicious taco dinner that’s practically ready for you!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Tacos
These Buffalo Chicken Tacos are super easy to make, helloooo slow cooker! and the chicken that comes out a few hours later is juicy, full of spicy, and I can make all sorts of things with it!
Just like you, I want the recipes I make to be simple, fast, and something my family will love to eat. So with those frozen chicken breasts, you just took out, you can make my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken and assemble tacos!
My love for buffalo sauce has no limits. Sometimes, at the office, when I just have a boring salad with romaine, hard-boiled eggs, tomatoes, and cheese; I turn up the heat by drizzling buffalo sauce over the salad. Yes, I’m that obsessed. Olive oil + buffalo sauce = dream salad dressing.
But I digress. Back to these tacos, whether you use tortillas or a green lettuce cup (high protein and low-carb!) to hold this spicy goodness, making this recipe is always a good idea. I promise with the blue cheese crumbles and a little Ranch drizzle, it’s EPIC.
- Chicken: boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs.
- Buffalo sauce: THE flavor for these tacos. Use your favorite or make my easy homemade recipe.
- Flour tortillas: you can swap them for lettuce cups to make this recipe low-carb!
- Shredded lettuce: a fresh green base for the tacos.
- Ranch dressing: made at home or store-bought.
- Blue cheese crumbles: optioal but a go-to with buffalo flavors.
You’ll find the measurements in the recipe card below.
How to make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos
I recommend doubling the recipe if you’re planning on making a full Buffalo-themed week. You can find more Buffalo Chicken recipes here to get ideas for what to make next! Make these tacos in 4 simple steps:
- Cook the chicken
Place the chicken breasts into the dish of a slow cooker. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Shred the meat
Once the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Warm the tortillas
Prior to serving, warm the tortillas.
- Taco time!
To assemble, place shredded lettuce onto a tortilla, top with buffalo chicken, a drizzle of ranch, and blue cheese crumbles.
Watch this video and check out how easy it is to make!
Can you freeze buffalo chicken?
Oh yes. YES. and YES! Double the recipe, or triple it depending on the size of your crockpot, and after shredding the deliciously cooked chicken, and allowing it to cool down, you can freeze this cooked chicken and some of the buffalo sauce in 1-serving portions (that tends to be between 4 and 6 ounces each) in a freezer bag. It will keep in the freezer up to 3 months.
Sometimes, I build a buffalo salad with a single serving of this slow cooker buffalo chicken to the office and it’s thawed by lunch. It’s the perfect protein-rich topping with loads of flavor!
More Slow Cooker Tacos
Sometimes you just want to put the crockpot in charge of taco night. And the result can be epic! I make the most of my slow cooker with this Short Rib Taco recipe and these incredible Shredded Beef Tacos!
My Thai Chicken Tacos recipe is another favorite at my place and I know it will be at yours. Fan of tender slow-cooked pork? You must try these BBQ Pulled Pork Tacos and these delicious Pork Carnitas Tacos!
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Tacos
- Place the chicken breasts into the dish of a slow cooker. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Prior to serving, warm the tortillas.
- To assemble, place shredded lettuce onto a tortilla, top with buffalo chicken, a drizzle of ranch, and blue cheese crumbles.