Need new recipes for smoothies made with vegetables and fruit that taste great? Look no further than this list!
While all of these recipes have veggies, they don’t all look like green smoothies.
From berry smoothies to tropical flavors in each sip, I’m confident that you’ll find a recipe that meets your nutritional needs!
Best Smoothie Recipes with Vegetables
Your whole family will love these smoothies featuring spinach, greens, avocados, and more veggies!
Vegetables That Go Well In Smoothies
While most of the above recipes feature spinach, the possibilities are endless!
Below is a list of vegetables and the amount you can toss into 1 smoothie for enhanced texture and nutrition. Since I want you sipping on something delicious, I also left recommendations on how to pair each veggie with different smoothie flavors.
Let’s get to it!
- 1 cup baby spinach– add it to any fruit-based or chocolate smoothie. If the color green is an issue, make sure there are blueberries or raspberries in the recipe.
- 1 cup kale– blend it into any berry, tropical fruit, or chocolate smoothie. *Same note as above on the green color.
- ½ avocado– tastes wonderful in chocolate-flavored smoothies!
- ½ cup steamed carrots– the color and flavor work for pineapple or mango-based smoothies.
- ½ cup butternut squash– use frozen or steamed squash in pineapple or mango-based smoothies.
- ½ cup steamed beets– has a strong color and flavor that works best in berry-based smoothies.
- ½ cup zucchini- has an undetectable flavor that you can blend into any smoothie.
- ½ cup diced– adds hydration and works deliciously with tropical fruit smoothies (pineapple, mango, orange).
- 1 cup diced cauliflower core– goes in ANY smoothie and adds plenty of volume.
Check out this quick video to see how I save my cauliflower cores for future veggie smoothies.