Made with staples like vinegar, oil, and mustard, this simple vinaigrette comes together in 5 minutes and tastes like a million bucks!
Classic Cobb Salad Dressing
You have the most delicious Cobb salad right in front of you, but you know it: it won’t be THE Cobb Salad without the best dressing! With this simple recipe, you can kick up all the flavors and textures of the classic salad.
This dressing is a simple vinaigrette made with red wine vinegar, oil, mustard, and honey, with notes of garlic and lemon. SOOO good. A balanced combo of flavors to coat the salad without covering them up. #Perfection
And I still didn’t even tell you how EASY it is to make. By easy, I mean combining everything in a blender or a jar in less than 5 minutes. Yes, it’s easy with capital letters for a reason! Trust me, you won’t come back to any store-bought version after trying this recipe.
What is Cobb Salad Dressing Made Of?
This Cobb Salad Dressing is made of simple ingredients, such as vinegar, oil, and mustard. Check your pantry because I know you’ll find everything you need:
- Garlic clove: adds tastiness and aroma.
- Dijon mustard: emulsifies the dressing while adding flavor.
- Red wine vinegar: the key ingredient!
- Lemon juice: use fresh juice for better results.
- Honey: balances the tanginess from vinegar and mustard.
- Salt and black pepper: the classic duet for seasoning.
- Olive oil: gives this dressing a soft texture while adding more flavor.
You’ll find the measurements for this recipe in the printable recipe card below.
How to Make Cobb Salad Dressing
Making the best dressing for Cobb salad is as easy as combining everything in the blender. Or you can make this recipe by simply mixing the ingredients in a jar and shaking!
- Combine & blend
Make the salad dressing by placing all ingredients, except the olive oil, inside a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add olive oil
With the blender running, slowly pour the olive oil into the smooth dressing until it’s emulsified -once it looks creamy. Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic clove, combine all ingredients inside a mason jar, and shake generously.
Transfer the salad dressing into a salad dressing container or pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve for up to a week.
Other Delicious Dressings for Cobb Salad
Drizzle Cobb salad with the best homemade dressings and you won’t stop drooling. Once you start doing your own dressings at home, there’s no turning back! Here are my favorites for this salad:
- White Wine Vinaigrette: made with white wine vinegar, it’s a milder version of this Cobb Salad dressing.
- Champagne Vinaigrette: luxurious, creamy, and has a smooth taste that pairs amazingly well with any salad.
- Avocado Lime Dressing: my homemade version of the creamy dressing served at Chick-fil-A.
- Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce: fresh and tangy, this sauce is perfect to drizzle over everything.
- Maple Dijon Dressing: the mix of apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and mustard is a classic.
- Homemade Ranch: make this family favorite at home and you’ll never go for the store-bought version ever again.
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: its rich, tangy-sweet taste makes it a classic for any salad.
Cobb Salad Dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Make the salad dressing by placing all ingredients, except the olive oil, inside a blender. Blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, slowly pour the olive oil into the smooth dressing until it’s emulsified -once it looks creamy. Alternatively, you can finely chop the garlic clove, combine all ingredients inside a mason jar, and shake generously.
- Transfer the dressing into a salad dressing container or pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve for up to a week.