Banana Overnight Oats {With Honey and Almond Butter}

If you’ve never tried overnight oats, you are going to love this delicious recipe. It combines some of my favorite pantry staples into an ultra convenient and delicious breakfast recipe!

Banana Overnight Oats

Banana Overnight Oats

These honey, almond butter, and banana overnight oats have a delicious touch of sweetness with every bite, giving this nutritious breakfast idea a natural energy boost to help us start the day.

As you can see from the video, overnight oats are really easy to make. What I love about this particular recipe is that there is no cooking required, just a quick assembly line of ingredients and the refrigerator (plus time) does the rest.

If you follow this blog, you know that I’m always trying and creating recipes that can become grab-and-go fuel for our busy mornings. What you might not know is that I pack breakfast for my husband daily, which he proceeds to eat at the office a few hours later.

Oats and Honey

He likes to eat these honey overnight oats lightly warmed in the microwave, while I tend to eat them cold.

I’m on a mission to prove that eating healthier as a family doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use fresh, whole ingredients without spending hours in the kitchen or making meals that will spark protest from the kids.

I found that recipes like this were so popular among my readers, I decided to create a 30-day whole eating plan called the Family KickStart Program. It focuses on food your whole family can enjoy together while eliminating sugars and processed food. Check out the Family KickStart Program here.

Honey, Almond Butter, and Banana Overnight Oats: Delicious Breakfast that's easy and sweet for busy mornings.

Almond Butter Overnight Oats

I also love making healthy breakfasts to fuel my kids for the day. Between school, karate, swim team, gymnastics, theater classes, and everything else my kids are doing, they need a lot of energy to be active kids. During the week, I prefer to feed them nutritious breakfasts like oats, eggs, or fresh fruit and yogurt so they’ll be full until lunchtime or their school snack (banana chips is a current favorite). And this lightly honey-sweetened breakfast does just that!

Sure, you can make oatmeal in the morning and drizzle it with honey, but overnight oats have a thicker and heartier texture that I just love to eat.

This recipe is also one that my kids can help prepare. They can measure the ingredients and pour them into the mason jars. My daughter, who loves honey, always tries to sneak an extra drizzle or two in her jars. Some of my favorite memories happened when my kids were helping me in the kitchen!

What do you love to drizzle honey over?

Honey, Almond Butter, and Banana Overnight Oats

Overnight oats are a great way to have a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready to go in the morning.

• Author: Laura Fuentes
  • Yield: 4 servings 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
Scale

Ingredients

• 24 teaspoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons ground flax
  • 2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 4 tablespoons almond butter
  • 2 bananas, divided

Instructions

1. On a flat surface, place 4 bowls or lidded glass jars. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon ground flax, 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup milk, and1 tablespoon almond butter.
  2. Peel and mash one banana. Divide mashed banana into the four oat mixtures. Pour milk over the banana and oat mixture and with a spoon, combine ingredients.
  3. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
  4. When ready to eat, serve cold or warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave. Slice remaining banana, top each oat mixture with banana slices and drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the top. Combine and enjoy.

Keywords: almond butter overnight oats, honey oats, oats and honey, paleo overnight oats, banana nut overnight oats, banana overnight oats

204 thoughts on “Banana Overnight Oats {With Honey and Almond Butter}”

1. Tasha says:

I am excited for breakfast tomorrow! 🙂 I love your recipes! I always have the ingredients! Most of the time I run straight to the kitchen after reading your blog posts. I usually make my oatmeal with honey for natural sweetener and I never thought to add to my overnight oats. Thank you Laura.

1. Laura Fuentes says:

Enjoy this recipe Tasha! I am so excited to hear that you nearly always have my ingredients on hand! Thank you!!

1. Brenda Oliver says:

Do you have a break down of carbs, protien and calories for those of us on a restricted diet?

1. Laura Fuentes says:

Hi Brenda, check out the recipe. I’ve updated the ingredients to show the nutrition label. It calculates based on 2 teaspoons of honey, just a drizzle is all you need.

2. Kimberly says:

I love honey on almost everything! One of my favorites (and my son’s) is a peanut butter sandwich with sliced bananas and honey. I get complex carbs, protein, and simple carbs in one sandwich! When I was younger I used to make a version Grape Nuts cereal that was heated. You cook it in the microwave. You put Grapenuts in a bowl with milk and butter and honey and heat it for about 3 minutes. It makes this delicious porridge like dish that is comforting and soooo good!!

2. Joy Hingston says:

I love drizzling honey on peanut bread on wheat toast. Slightly warm and oh so good 🙂

1. Laura Fuentes says:

The BEST!

1. Kenz says:

What’s the calories for one serving?

1. Laura Fuentes says:

Hi Kenz,
          I don’t typically calculate the nutritional content for my recipes since I focus on real and fresh ingredients. You can, however, insert the ingredients in an online calorie calculator easily!

3. Tara says:

Toast with peanut butter and honey!! Recipe looks delicious… Now I’m hungry 😉

4. Marga says:

I think that my favorite way to drizzle honey is over a simple buttered toast.

5. Susan Johnson says:

Hi Laura 🙂
    Honestly, my favorite thing to drizzle honey on is a warm sopapilla. Oh how I miss my days in South Texas!!!

6. Annette Nelms says:

When my elementary school-age children go on school field trips they’re required to bring a nut free lunch since many of their peers have nut allergies. For these field trips we make banana honey sandwiches. You can either slice the bananas or mash them. You could even sprinkle a little cinnamon on there & your little one has a yummy lunch to look forward to eating.

7. Jenn B says:

We make homemade Cinnamon Glazed Popcorn and drizzling honey over boring popcorn is icing on the cake for movie night. The kids simply love it.

8. Kay says:

Wow, this looks amazing! I love to drizzle honey in my matcha latte that I make at home!

9. Kay says:

This looks delish! My favorite way to drizzle honey is in my matcha latte!

10. Emily says:

Whenever the kids have a sore throat they ask for a simple but soothing honey-lemon tea. Squeeze a lemon into hot water, and then drizzle in the honey. Better than a cough drop!

11. Courtney says:

How early can these be made ahead? How long will it last in the fridge? Thanks!

1. Kathy says:

I’ve seen folks make up a large batch that lasts in the fridge for 3-4 days at least. Ours get eaten before then, but they do hold up well! If you like a bit more of a chewy texture you can use steel cut oats and they’d be less mushy as the days pass! (I usually do half rolled oats and half steel cut.)

12. Shalena says:

I love to drizzle honey on frozen yogurt.
    I also give some to the kids when they have a sore throat.

13. Catherine l. says:

I love to drizzle honey in my hot tea, hot oatmeal with cinnamon & brown sugar and any breakfast sandwich. 🙂

14. Bonnie N. says:

We love to drizzle honey over homemade yogurt.

15. JoeyfromSC says:

This is a great recipe! Can’t wait to try it!

I love honey & drizzle it on everything! Lol..But my fave thing to drizzle honey on is my bagel with cream cheese, then drizzle the honey on top!! Yum!

Joey J.

16. Melissa G says:

My family has been sugar-free for over a month, so honey has become a main staple in the kitchen for sweetening coffee and tea, on yogurt, and in our baking.

17. Breanna says:

Thank you for the recipe! One of my favorite things to drizzle honey on is air-popped popcorn. I add honey and black pepper to give the popcorn an added twist of flavor!

18. Jessica Ann Reno says:

I love either whipped honey or regular honey on toast or in my tea.

19. Megan says:

My favorite way to drizzle honey is on a waffle.

20. Cynthia says:

I like to add honey to unsweetened yougurt with fresh fruit and a little bit of homemade granola for crunch.