Banana Overnight Oats {With Honey and Almond Butter}

If you’ve never tried overnight oats, you are going to love this delicious recipe. It combines some of my favorite pantry staples into an ultra convenient and delicious breakfast recipe!

Banana Overnight Oats

Banana Overnight Oats

These honey, almond butter, and banana overnight oats have a delicious touch of sweetness with every bite, giving this nutritious breakfast idea a natural energy boost to help us start the day.

As you can see from the video, overnight oats are really easy to make. What I love about this particular recipe is that there is no cooking required, just a quick assembly line of ingredients and the refrigerator (plus time) does the rest.

If you follow this blog, you know that I’m always trying and creating recipes that can become grab-and-go fuel for our busy mornings. What you might not know is that I pack breakfast for my husband daily, which he proceeds to eat at the office a few hours later.

Oats and Honey

He likes to eat these honey overnight oats lightly warmed in the microwave, while I tend to eat them cold.

I’m on a mission to prove that eating healthier as a family doesn’t have to be difficult. You can use fresh, whole ingredients without spending hours in the kitchen or making meals that will spark protest from the kids.

I found that recipes like this were so popular among my readers, I decided to create a 30-day whole eating plan called the Family KickStart Program. It focuses on food your whole family can enjoy together while eliminating sugars and processed food. Check out the Family KickStart Program here.

Honey, Almond Butter, and Banana Overnight Oats: Delicious Breakfast that's easy and sweet for busy mornings.

Almond Butter Overnight Oats

I also love making healthy breakfasts to fuel my kids for the day. Between school, karate, swim team, gymnastics, theater classes, and everything else my kids are doing, they need a lot of energy to be active kids. During the week, I prefer to feed them nutritious breakfasts like oats, eggs, or fresh fruit and yogurt so they’ll be full until lunchtime or their school snack (banana chips is a current favorite). And this lightly honey-sweetened breakfast does just that!

Sure, you can make oatmeal in the morning and drizzle it with honey, but overnight oats have a thicker and heartier texture that I just love to eat.

This recipe is also one that my kids can help prepare. They can measure the ingredients and pour them into the mason jars. My daughter, who loves honey, always tries to sneak an extra drizzle or two in her jars. Some of my favorite memories happened when my kids were helping me in the kitchen!

What do you love to drizzle honey over?

Honey, Almond Butter, and Banana Overnight Oats

Overnight oats are a great way to have a delicious and nutritious breakfast ready to go in the morning.

• Author: Laura Fuentes
  • Yield: 4 servings 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
Scale

Ingredients

• 24 teaspoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons ground flax
  • 2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
  • 4 tablespoons almond butter
  • 2 bananas, divided

Instructions

1. On a flat surface, place 4 bowls or lidded glass jars. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon ground flax, 1/2 cup oats, 3/4 cup milk, and1 tablespoon almond butter.
  2. Peel and mash one banana. Divide mashed banana into the four oat mixtures. Pour milk over the banana and oat mixture and with a spoon, combine ingredients.
  3. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
  4. When ready to eat, serve cold or warm up for 30 seconds in the microwave. Slice remaining banana, top each oat mixture with banana slices and drizzle 1 teaspoon of honey over the top. Combine and enjoy.

Keywords: almond butter overnight oats, honey oats, oats and honey, paleo overnight oats, banana nut overnight oats, banana overnight oats

204 thoughts on “Banana Overnight Oats {With Honey and Almond Butter}”

1. Tracy says:

I love to use honey in my pancake recipe (from you of course) and in mini muffins.

2. Debbie says:

My favorite thing to eat honey on is buttered toast…yum yum.

3. Faith says:

I like honey in my tea and with almond butter to give it some yummy sweetness.

4. Jane says:

For me not only is honey a natural sweetener but medication. I have had many stomach issues and for the last 2 months I have been drinking two tablespoons of honey in a cup of hot water. I do this before eating and drinking anything else. IT has really made a difference.

5. Lizzette says:

We Luv honey on oatmeal, tea, yogurt and granola! Yummz

6. Renee Schuhmacher says:

I use honey to sweeten my tea and to make marinades but after looking at your recipe I can see that I’ve been short changing my family. I’m going to look at using it for more recipes from now on.

7. Melody Moxley says:

Oats recipe sounds great. I love to use honey in my tea and on my toast!

8. Beth Wade says:

I love plain yogurt with a little honey! Mixing cinnmon & honey together to spread on homemade bread is delicious, too! I also like to mix honey & cocoa powder to make a chocolate syrup that stirred in warm milk makes the best hot cocoa!!

9. Susan says:

Love honey on sopapillas but it’s great for overnight oats, too!

10. Colleen says:

I love dipping my chicken in honey. A little savory…a little sweet. Yum!

11. Monica Navarrete says:

I have lived honey since I was a kid on everything from morning toast to my hot teas. What I started doing a few years ago is drizzling it over my carrots while they steam which the family loves plus we sometimes use it in a roasted veggie recipe. Yum!

12. Julie says:

I like honey lemon tea; especially when I feel a cold coming on.

13. Valerie W says:

We love honey with sunbutter on rice cakes for lunch, or drizzled over pancakes, or mixed with nuts for a snack.

14. Colleen M says:

I love to drizzle honey on hot oatmeal!

15. Talia B. says:

We just made a yummy honey cake. I love honey!

16. Ann Clepper says:

Honey on toast with bananas is my favorite. Can’t wait to try this!

17. Laura G. says:

Ah,yes, my husband is half Greek,so we’ve made many batches of baklava over the years! Currently, one child loves Apple’s with peanut butter and honey as a breakfast, and another just loves raw honey….on a spoon!

18. Crystal Webb says:

My favorite way to use honey is in my tea, whether at a Tea Party with my little girls, a sweet 16 mother daughter Tea shared with friends, or given to me by my grandmother in tea when I was not feeling well as a child. Honey has always been there during those unforgettable moments.

19. Padma says:

We love to add some fruit and honey in plain yogurt rather than eating those store-bought sugar-loaded flavored yogurts.

20. Polly says:

My favorite way to use honey is in chex, or any other cereal bar. I mix honey with stevia sweetener, (to cut some of the sugar content) in a saucepan to boiling, then add nut butter and stir well before adding it to my cereal concoction. then I crush the mixture into a 9 by 12″ pan and cool it in the fridge. My son likes it when I melt chocolate chips on top! then after it’s cool, I cut it into bars and serve it for dessert! A must have in the freezer for a quick sweet treat!