These epic migas tacos are easy to make, and with just a few ingredients, you can enjoy epic tacos for breakfast fast!
If you can scramble eggs and add a couple of other ingredients to your tortilla, you can make these for breakfast or any night of the week!
What Are Migas Tacos?
Migas is the Spanish word for crumbs, and migas tacos are tacos made with scrambled eggs with crumbled-up tortilla chips.
If you’ve never had migas, you are in for a surprise. There’s a reason these are the #1 breakfast at your favorite Tex-Mex breakfast spot.
If tortilla chips in scrambled eggs sound a little odd, trust me when I tell you that you need this recipe in your taco rotation.
The eggs cook into the chips, which stay slightly crisp, while melted cheese and fresh pico cling to everything, all loaded up in your favorite tortilla.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Nothing but simple ingredients are required to make the best-tasting breakfast tacos!
- Olive oil: for cooking.
- Pico de Gallo: adds an element of freshness to the scrambled eggs! Swap for salsa.
- Eggs: scrambled with lots of flavor and crunch.
- Crushed tortilla chips: our crunchy element and makes one killer taco stuffing.
- Shredded cheese: makes everything better.
- Corn tortillas: or your favorite small flour tortillas.
- Avocado: or guacamole- your pick!
- Cilantro: isn’t necessary, but it makes these tacos taste and look better!
Grab the ingredient measurements in the recipe card at the very end of this post.
How to Make Migas Tacos for Breakfast
This is one taco night recipe that comes together in a flash! Here’s an overview of the recipe with a video for your enjoyment.
- Scramble the eggs
In a large skillet, cook the pico de gallo over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and cook until scrambled.
- Crush the chips
Toss the chips right into the skillet with the cheese. Give everything a good stir and remove from heat.
- Bon appetite
Warm the tortillas in the oven or microwave and top each with the egg mixture, more cheese, avocado, and cilantro. Take a bite and bon appetite!
Here is how to make these migas tacos step-by-step.
What to Put On Migas Tacos
Traditionally, migas tacos are served with cheese, a little sour cream, and pico de gallo. Want to load it up some more? Add sliced avocado and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro to finish it all off.
How Many Calories are in a Migas Taco?
Making breakfast tacos at home is always best and the healthiest option when you want to eat tacos for breakfast. Each migas tacos have 180 calories and 9g of protein.
This classic Tex-Mex breakfast is found on page 52 of my Taco Tuesday Cookbook, full of taco dishes to enjoy each week.
Easy Migas Breakfast Tacos
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil, or spray
- ½ cup Pico de Gallo
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup tortilla chips, roughly crushed
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, plus more for serving
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pico de gallo and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, until the onion has softened. Pour the eggs into the skillet and cook. Add the tortilla chips and shredded cheese, toss to combine, and remove from the heat.
- Divide the cooked egg mixture over the corn tortillas, sprinkle with additional cheese, and top with avocado slices and cilantro.