In just 10 minutes, you can have some of the best pineapple shrimp tacos to make your taco Tuesday -or any night of the week- delicious!
This simple recipe tastes like the grilled shrimp and pineapple tacos we all love so much… without having to fire up the bbq. You’re going to love them.
Sheet Pan Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
Sure. You can place the seasoned shrimp and the pineapple on a sheet pan and have good tacos. But do you know what makes these great? Skewering them.
By first poking the pineapple and shrimp through a skewer, you’ll lift them off the sheet pan and your shrimp won’t sit on the pineapple juices and get mushy or overcooked.
Instead, they will get that nice texture we all love from the bbq right under the broiler. While they’re doing that, you can make your self a quick Tequila Gimlet and be ready for an INCREDIBLE meal.
How to Make Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
If you can poke a few things through a skewer, you can make these sheet pan shrimp tacos! There’s a full printable recipe below, but here are some tips to make this the easy way:
- Set up the oven
Place the oven rack about 6″ from the top heating element and preheat the broiler to high so when you put the sheet pan in, it’s already nice and hot.
- Poke, poke, poke
Thread the shrimp and the pineapple through the skewers and place them on the baking sheet.
In a bowl, make the seasoning paste and then generously brush it onto both sides of the shrimp and pineapple skewers.
Place the sheet pan under the broiler for 2 minutes, flip, and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes. Once the shrimp is no longer translucent and have turned pink, remove the sheet pan from the oven.
Assemble the tacos with the cabbage, remove the shrimp and pineapple from the skewers onto the taco, and top with guacamole and lime wedges.
Watch how easily these tangy shrimp tacos come together in this quick video:
How to Top Shrimp and Pineapple Tacos
Not only do these shrimp and pineapple tacos taste delicious but they’re also the perfect vessel for toppings! Top your shrimp and pineapple tacos with:
- Shredded purple cabbage
- Easy Guacamole
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Spicy Guacamole
- Cilantro Lime Sauce
10-minute Pineapple Shrimp Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 limes, divided
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 12 corn tortillas, store-bought or homemade
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Easy Guacamole, for topping
- Place an oven rack about 6″ from the top and preheat the broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Thread the shrimp onto wooden skewers, alternating with pineapple chunks.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, the juice from ½ of a lime, and spices to form a seasoning paste. Add the shrimp and pineapple pieces and toss to coat with the spices. Reserve remaining lime for slicing into wedges and squeezing over the tacos.
- Place the skewers on the prepared baking sheet and generously brush with the seasoning on both sides.
- Place the sheet pan under the broiler for 2 minutes, carefully flipping the skewers with tongs, and cook on the other side for 2 more minutes. Once the shrimp is no longer translucent and have turned pink (no more than 5 minutes total), remove the sheet pan from the oven.
- To assemble tacos, place a generous bed of purple cabbage over a tortilla, top with some cilantro, slide the shrimp and pineapple from the skewers onto the taco, and top with guacamole. Squeeze a lime wedge or two per taco and enjoy!