These sheet pan shrimp fajitas come to the rescue when you want good food fast!
It’s the perfect recipe for beginner and experienced cooks who want that restaurant-like flavor at home.
Quick Shrimp Fajitas
Shrimp Fajitas made fast? Yes, please! The beauty of cooking shrimp is that they don’t need a long time in the oven; the fajita veggies are what really add to the cooking time.
Another plus of this quick shrimp fajita recipe is that prep is minimal. While the oven preheats, all you have to do is slice the onion and the peppers, and you’re done! Of course, you could buy these already prepped for you!
How to Season Shrimp Fajitas
The best way to season your shrimp fajitas is with a fajita blend or my taco seasoning mix. Both combine chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper, in different amounts.
What You Need for Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajita Tacos
Once you cook these sheet pan fajitas, you’ll have the filling you need to make tacos, for which you’ll need tortillas and toppings! I’ve kept the toppings simple for this recipe since the fajita veggies and shrimp are packed with flavor, but you could include your favorites.
Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajita Ingredients
The list is short and fresh. Here is what you need to make these sheet pan fajitas:
- Shrimp: both fresh or frozen and thawed shrimp work great! Save time and purchase them already peeled and deveined.
- Bell pepper: a combination of red, yellow, and orange bell peppers. Swap them for your favorite color or variety of colors.
- Red onion: thinly sliced and roasted with bell peppers.
- Olive oil: tossed with the veggies to help them brown and not stick to the pan.
- Fajita seasoning: use a premade blend or my homemade taco seasoning; it’s just as tasty!
- Salt: makes everything taste better.
- Lime: brightens the flavors of roasted peppers and onions.
- Cilantro: finely chopped and sprinkled over the baked fajita shrimp and veggies.
- Tortillas: you can use corn or flour tortillas, whichever is your favorite.
- Avocado: the perfect topping for these flavor-packed fajitas.
How to Make Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Making these sheet pan fajitas is a breeze. Here is how you can pull this meal together in the middle of the week:
- Preheat the oven
It sometimes seems like it takes an eternity, I know. The good news is that actual food prep is minimal. Position an oven rack in the middle of the oven and set it to 450F. Generously grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Food Prep
Slice the bell peppers and onions into thin strips and clean the shrimp if yours aren’t already shelled and deveined.
- Season the shrimp
Add the shrimp and veggies to a large bowl and toss with olive oil, taco seasoning, and salt.
Add the veggies and shrimp to the greased baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the shrimp are no longer pink. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and top everything with fresh lime juice and chopped cilantro.
Once your shrimp fajita filling is ready, you can assemble your fajita tacos. Give the tortillas a quick warm, fill with the fajita mixture, and top with avocado slices.
Don’t just read the recipe; you can also watch this short video to see how these shrimp fajitas are made in no time:
Topping Your Shrimp Fajitas
The toppings are simple with this fajita recipe, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be extra. Toss on the cheese, guac, and pico or, if you’re feeling fancy, douse it with some of the Creamy Avocado Lime dressing from the Taco Tuesday Cookbook.
But back to the topping ideas:
More Shrimp Taco Recipes
If you’re a fan of shrimp tacos, then these Cajun Shrimp Tacos with Avocado Salsa are a MUST! You’ll want leftover avocado salsa too because it’s great with grilled chicken or on top a salad.
The Pineapple Shrimp Tacos are also a favorite for the kids and super easy to whip up when you don’t have a lot of time on your hands.Print