These healthy breakfast tacos with black beans are quick to make for any day of the week to get your day started or even for an epic breakfast for dinner!
And by adding black beans to this simple recipe, you’ll stay full longer until your next meal. Take a sneak peek at this deliciousness…
What Are the Healthiest Breakfast Tacos?
The healthiest breakfast tacos are made with fresh ingredients, have little added fat, and keep you full longer so you don’t have to snack until your next meal.
These breakfast tacos have protein from the eggs and black beans, fiber, and a little cheese -because really, can you even have tacos without cheese? Well, you could. I’m just saying that a little goes a long way.
Like all the taco recipes inside the Taco Tuesday Cookbook, these breakfast tacos are made with simple and fresh ingredients you probably have at home. You’ll need:
- Oil or spray: to cook the eggs, it could be olive, canola, or even butter.
- Eggs: we can’t have breakfast tacos without eggs, can we?
- Black beans: grab a can from the pantry, drain and rinse.
- Tortillas: corn or flour tortillas, your choice.
- Cotija cheese: a Mexican cheese that crumbles easily and has a tangy-nutty flavor.
- Avocado: a delicious and healthy taco topping.
- Cilantro: optional, but it makes the tacos look great and taste even better.
As always, you’ll find the ingredient amounts and detailed cooking directions in the printable recipe card at the very end of this post.
How to Make Healthy Breakfast Tacos
Whether you only have 10 minutes in the morning or want to make these for dinner, this epic recipe is made fast by:
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat, and scramble the eggs until fluffy. Remove from heat.
- Create the spread
Warm the beans in a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the tortillas, and slice the avocado.
Top each tortilla with scrambled eggs, black beans, cheese, avocado, and cilantro. Take a bite and be amazed.
Told you this was an easy recipe, and you can also watch how quickly this recipe is assembled in the video below:
Healthy Breakfast Taco Toppings
You can assemble these scrambled egg and black bean breakfast tacos with all sorts of delicious toppings, and you’ll find some great ideas to try below:
- Spicy Guacamole
- Sour cream
- Pico de Gallo
- Avocado Salsa
- Queso fresco
- Shredded cheese
- Sliced black olives
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
Healthy tacos for breakfast? Yes, please! Check out these other breakfast taco recipe ideas to keep the good vibes going.
Steak & Egg Breakfast Tacos | Huevos Verdes Tacos | Classic Breakfast Tacos
Healthy Black Bean Breakfast Tacos
These healthy breakfast tacos with black beans are filling, delicious, and practically as good as the taco truck!
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 tacos
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Skillet
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 6 large eggs
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 corn tortillas
- 4 ounces Cotija cheese, crumbled
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat and scramble the eggs. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm up the beans over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas on the stove-top or in the microwave.
- Distribute the eggs evenly over the tortillas, top with some black beans, then sprinkle on some cheese. Top with avocado slices and chopped cilantro and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 499
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 936.2 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Saturated Fat: 11.1 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.7 g
- Fiber: 12.7 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 307.3 mg
Just a Girl.
Came here for two reasons! One, to try this recipe and it was delicious!!! Two, to let you know that the mobile game Dragon Raja stole one of your images of this recipe to put in their game. Just thought I’d let you know!
I just prepped these for the week. I can’t wait to have them for breakfast. Thank you!
Amazing and easy recipe.
I made these this weekend. Winners!!