Sep 6, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Enjoy breakfast tacos any day of the week with this classic bacon and egg tacos combination you’re going to love.
Because really, is there a better way to start the day than your favorite breakfast combo inside a handheld tortilla? I think not.
Best Breakfast Tacos
The best breakfast tacos are ones you don’t need special ingredients for and can whip up on a whim any day of the week.
And since most of us expect to use up eggs and bacon for breakfast, there’s a reason this duo makes an appearance in a taco.
With this simple recipe, you’ll be able to make your own breakfast tacos at home quicker than you can hit the drive-through.
Let’s stroll to the kitchen and grab the ingredients for these bacon and egg tacos! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Oil: to scramble the eggs.
- Eggs: our main filling for these delish breakfast tacos.
- Salt: makes the eggs taste even better.
- Shredded cheese: this recipe uses Cheddar, but it could be any variety.
- Corn tortillas: to wrap all the ingredients.
- Bacon: cooked, chopped, and sprinkled on top.
- Cherry tomatoes: could also be salsa or Pico de Gallo.
- Avocado: always a good idea for tacos.
- Cilantro: finely chopped and added for a finishing touch.
You’ll find the ingredient measurements and directions in the recipe card below.
How to Make Them
Make a cup of coffee, give it a sip, and in less than 15 minutes, you’ll make these breakfast tacos happen.
Chop the cherry tomatoes, and cook the bacon until crispy.
Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet and scramble the eggs. Add the cheese over the top and remove the skillet from the heat.
Warm the tortillas in the microwave right before serving. Top the tortillas with scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro. Take a bite and fall in love.
That’s all there is to it! For the full directions, make sure to check the recipe card below. Meanwhile, watch this video to see how these tacos come together crazy fast!
Keeping It All Warm
“I love cold eggs,” said no one ever, which is why it’s important to cook up the bacon first, scramble all the eggs at once in a large pan, and warm up your tortillas immediately before serving.
Of course, you can warm the tortillas in the oven while you cook up the bacon and eggs; either way, this breakfast comes together really fast and you’ll want to serve it immediately. In a rush, you can microwave bacon too!
Can You Make Them Ahead?
These bacon and egg tacos are a terrific make-ahead breakfast option you can easily meal prep.
2-3 days ahead: in the fridge
Cook the bacon, scramble the eggs, toss them together, and once cooled, store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
When ready to eat, place a tortilla on a plate, top with some of the egg and bacon mixture, sprinkle some cheese, and warm it up in the microwave for about a minute.
Double or triple the recipe and fully assemble the tacos. Let them cool down to room temperature on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Place them in the freezer for one hour and once frozen, wrap one to two tacos in plastic wrap and then store them inside a freezer zip bag for up to 30 days.
When you’re ready to eat, warm them up in the microwave for 1 minute, flip them over, and another minute on the second side.
Epic Breakfast Taco Toppings
While these bacon and egg tacos are great by themselves, they are even better loaded up with some of your favorite toppings like:
- Easy Guacamole
- Sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Restaurant style salsa
- Pico de gallo
- Spicy Guacamole
- Drizzle of Cilantro Lime Sauce
- Pineapple Salsa
- Extra cheese
Bacon & Egg Breakfast Tacos
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 eggs whisked
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 corn tortillas store-bought or homemade, warmed
- 4 slices of bacon cooked crispy and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled, and diced
- Fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the eggs and salt and scramble the eggs until cooked through. Sprinkle the cheese on top and remove from the heat.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with some chopped bacon, cherry tomatoes, and diced avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Nothing like a classic bacon breakfast taco! Yummy!!