Buffalo chicken is one of my absolute favorite, and I’ve made it my personal mission to serve it up as many ways as I possible can. Tonight, that looks a lot like this cheesy, smoky Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas! These are the REAL DEAL!
Any way I can sneak the flavor load of tender cooked buffalo chicken into a meal I do. Wraps? You bet. Buffalo Chicken Pizza? For sure. Quesadillas… why not! So that’s how we got here, and I’m so happy you came.
Since back to school is practically upon us, I’m searching for more ways I can put my slow cooker to use. If there is a dish I really like, such as Lasagna, Chicken Parmesan, or Pork Carnitas, I find a way I can re-create the recipe to be made in my slow cooker and then share it with you.
And that’s exactly what we are doing here because the chicken gets slow cooked in buffalo sauce to tender fall-apart perfection that makes my heart happy.
Set the chicken to cook in the morning and by the time you get home, dinner is a couple of tortillas and handfuls of cheese from being done which means you get more time to do important things like hanging out with the kiddos and taking care of business.
This Buffalo chicken makes the perfect base for a number of recipes such as tacos, salads, on top pizza, or to stuff a potato. If you want to stretch this meal for more recipes, then double the slow cooker buffalo chicken recipe. That way you can use it to build out another recipe, for instance, tacos one night, these quesadillas another. See where I’m going?
Can You Freeze Buffalo Chicken?
Is this freezer friendly? Absolutely! If I don’t plan using the leftover buffalo chicken that week, pack it into labeled freezer bags and freeze for up to 2 months. To eat, remove from freezer, heat, and use it like you would a fresh batch. You’ll thank yourself later!
I have to admit, this recipe may require minimal effort but it brings down the house with the smoky, tangy, bold Buffalo sauce. Oh wait, I almost forgot the blue cheese crumbles and dressing. YES! This is one step you SHOULD NOT skip, although the buffalo chicken by itself is pretty spectacular, these crumbles and drizzles take these quesadillas up a notch. If Blue cheese isn’t your thing there is always ole, reliable Ranch, and hey it’s pretty good too!
This entire meal looks like it was made for kids but let’s be honest, this was totally made with me in mind. No shame, and it doesn’t hurt that they love it just as much as I do!
What are some of your favorite recipes to make in the slow cooker?
Easy Dinner Ideas for Tonight + Tasty Chicken Quesadillas
Quick & Easy dinner ideas for tonight that your whole family will love. Use what you already have on hand with these easy recipes, starting with classic beef tacos, for an epic taco night!
- Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
- Total Time: 10-15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Tacos
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup buffalo sauce
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
Butter, for grilling
Blue cheese or Ranch dressing, for serving
- Place the chicken breasts into the dish of a slow cooker. Pour the buffalo sauce over the chicken, and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, shred the meat with two forks and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Place the tortillas on a flat surface. Top 4 tortillas with the chicken, Cheddar cheese, and blue cheese. Assemble the quesadillas.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. One at a time, place the quesadillas into the skillet and grill for 3 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt. Flip and grill for another 3 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted. Remove from the skillet and repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- Slice and serve Ranch or Blue cheese dressing.
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla
- Calories: 655
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Sodium: 1775.1mg
- Fat: 27.1g
- Saturated Fat: 11.8g
- Trans Fat: 0.3g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 45.1g
- Cholesterol: 134.1mg