If you’re getting tired of making the same old steamed broccoli or side salads for dinner, keep reading to learn how to turn plain carrots into the most delicious and fun side!
Healthy Baked Carrot Fries
Frozen fries aren’t always the healthiest option, especially with the added ingredients, and most people don’t slice potatoes into fries. So, if you don’t want to rely on frozen fries or want to eliminate some of those added ingredients, this Carrot Fries recipe is just the thing to serve for dinner tonight.
Carrots are an excellent source of beta-carotene, vitamin A, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, not to mention how great they taste! In the oven, they turn out crispy, caramelized, and oh my! SO delicious!
Yummy, healthy, and so easy to make, carrot fries are a great side dish option that pairs well with almost any recipe, from baked chicken pieces to fish sticks. Bonus: you can enjoy them at room temperature and dip them into your favorite sauce!
What You Need
This recipe couldn’t be any simpler since you only need carrots and seasonings to make a terrific side dish! Here’s what I’m using today:
- Carrots: cut them evenly into strips, or use baby carrots sliced in half lengthwise.
- Oil: for great texture and to keep the carrots from sticking.
- Salt: for seasoning.
Best Seasonings for Carrot Fries
You can season these carrot fries with your favorite spices and herbs for regular and sweet potato fries- they’ll be delicious no matter what! Today, I added just oil and salt, but here you have other tasty ideas:
- Garlic powder: simple and delicious!
- Roasted Vegetable Seasoning: my go-to mix for seasoning baked veggies.
- Italian Seasoning: a classic blend that goes great with everything.
- Sriracha Seasoning: made with whole red chiles, it’s a favorite for the spicy team!
- Blackened Seasoning: adds a little spicy kick to these fries.
How to Cut Carrots into Fries
Carrots can be hard to cut so, in this video, I show you the safest way. Wash them, peel them, and follow these steps to turn them into fries:
How to Make Carrot Fries in the Oven
These carrot fries can easily be prepped ahead and kept in the fridge for a few days until you are ready to bake and serve them. Check out the step-by-step:
Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel and slice
Peel the carrots and slice them into thick strips.
Place the carrot strips onto the baking sheet. Drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
- Bake to perfection
Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the carrots are fork-tender and crispy on the outside.
Can You Make Carrot Fries in the Air Fryer?
Yes, you can make carrot fries in the air fryer the same way you cook classic potato fries. Peel the carrots, cut them into strips, place them in a bowl, and season with oil and your favorite herb mix. Cook the carrots in the air fryer for about 15 minutes at 380F, flipping halfway.
Serving Carrot Fries
There are so many ways you can enjoy these epic carrots that you’ll go from “What do I serve with this chicken?” to “What do I cook to serve with these carrot fries?”
One of my favorite recipes is these mouthwatering Garlic Chicken Thighs for those nights when I want to let the oven in charge! That’s not all. Dipping these carrot fries in Ranch dressing? That’s a BIG yes for me!
Easy Carrot Fries Recipe
- 1 pound fresh carrots
- 2 teaspoons oil, coconut, olive oil, your choice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel the carrots and slice them into thick strips.
- Place the carrot strips onto the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil, sprinkle with the salt. Toss to combine.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake at 425F for 20 minutes, or until the carrots are fork tender and crispy on the outside.