If you are looking for some family-friendly ground beef dinner ideas to use with that pound of beef, you thawed out this morning – this post is for you!
Today I’m sharing some simple recipes using ground beef to help make your evening a little bit easier. Consider this blog post a menu filled with delicious ground beef dinner ideas. Just click on any link to go to the recipe for the win!
Creating simple, dinner ideas you can make tonight is my jam. I’ve been making meal plans online since 2011 and have thousands of recipes on my websites and cookbooks!
With picky kids, food allergies and trying various dietary plans through the years, cooking just one meal for everyone felt impossible for a long time.
Learning to meal prep and how to meal plan has helped me be less stressed about cooking meals, and I’m able to get healthy foods on the table that everyone can enjoy together.
A few years ago I started sharing my meal plans with the world, and since then thousands of parents have started “eating dinner with us”, virtually as they get our family meal plans deliverd to their inbox every single week.
Interested in trying a done-for-you meal plan with a shopping list and step-by-step meal prep? Download a free sample plan here.
Ground Beef Dinner Recipes
A few months ago, I shared the Best Chicken Dinner Ideas and that left many of you asking for a collection of the very best ground beef dinner recipes.
Ground beef is a favorite ingredient among my family so naturally, I’ve created many recipes throughout the years- especially dinners that kids love.
Here’s my commitment to you, like most recipes on my site these ground beef dinners are:
- Made with Simple Ingredients
- Full of amazing flavor
- Kid-approved (even picky eaters)
- Easy to make
One quick tip before we get started. If you have a lot of beef, you can cook ground beef in a crockpot to prep ahead of time and save yourself some time in the kitchen in the evenings.
What to Cook with Ground Beef
Ground Beef Taco Recipes
Ground Beef Soup Recipes
With these ground beef family dinner ideas, you’ll never be left wondering “what should I make tonight” in the evenings again! Don’t forget, if you’d like help planning your meals every week, I’d love to share my meal plans with you. See all the options and find the best plan for your family here.
How to Meal Prep Ground Beef
Before I leave you with a final, tasty ground beef recipe, I wanted to share one quick tip that will help you save time meal prepping ground beef. This is something I like to do at the beginning of the week, so I have meat ready to go for our busiest nights.
You can cook several pounds of ground beef in the slow cooker to keep on hand for many of these ground beef meal ideas. This will save you from standing over the stove waiting for the beef to brown and mean a lot less time in the kitchen throughout the week.
Easy Ground Beef Dinner Ideas for Families + Bell Pepper Nachos
Bell Pepper Nachos
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup salsa, divided
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 4 ounce can black olives
- ½ cup guacamole
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place oven rack in the middle position and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the bell pepper slices onto the pan.
- In a pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add in ground beef and taco seasoning, and using a spatula, break up the ground beef as it cooks, until no longer pink, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the bell pepper slices in the oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven onto the counter and top with meat mixture and salsa. Add the cheese on top, if using, black olives, and any other toppings you want to be heated.
- Place back into the oven and bake until the cheese is melted about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.
If you’re looking for more dinner inspiration, be sure to check out my post on the best shrimp dinner ideas for families!
Which of these ground beef dinner recipes will your family try first?