Looking for a delicious low-carb swap to regular rice that tastes delicious? This Roasted Cauliflower Rice recipe is easy to prepare, and it always hits the spot!
Roasting the cauliflower rice gives this simple veggie a mouthwatering toasty, and nutty flavor that makes it one of my favorite ways to cook and eat it! Once you try it, you’ll be a convert too.
What Does Roasted Cauliflower Rice Taste Like
Roasting cauliflower rice in the oven gives it a savory, toasty flavor with golden, crispy bits mixed into the tender “grains.” Think plain sliced bread vs. golden-toasted and buttered toast.
Swapping roasted cauliflower rice for steamed or regular rice will boost the flavor in your favorite meals while adding extra fiber and nutrition, all for less than 75 calories per cup! While cauliflower rice has 35 cal. per cup, anything you add to it will add to the caloric count.
You can use it as a base for burrito bowls or serve it with your favorite chicken entreé and veggies. It’s a perfect replacement for regular rice or other cooked grains that both kids and adults enjoy.
Want to know my favorite way to serve it? Topped with a couple of fried eggs and sliced avocado, the combination of runny egg yolk, tender cauliflower rice, and creamy avocado is pure bliss!
Here’s everything you need to roast cauliflower rice in the oven:
- 1 head cauliflower: make your own cauliflower rice or purchase it in fresh or frozen bags. You’ll need about 4 to 6 cups.
- olive oil: to prevent the rice from sticking to the baking sheet.
- salt & garlic powder: simple seasonings that add so much flavor.
How to Roast Cauliflower Rice
Are you ready to make the best cauliflower rice ever? Grab a sheet pan, those ingredients, and let’s make this happen!
Preheat the oven to 400F and lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Prepare the cauliflower rice
There’s not just one way to turn cauliflower into rice– there’s three! Use a food processor, chef’s knife, or cheese grater.
Place the riced cauliflower onto the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and garlic powder. Toss to combine and spread the cauliflower rice in an even layer onto the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast for 25 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden brown and tender.
This is the fun part! Keep scrolling, and you’ll find a few delicious recipes to use with roasted cauliflower rice.
If you want to add extra flavor and color to the finished rice, a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime juice and a sprinkle of chopped cilantro will do the trick!
When to Season Roasted Riced Cauliflower
Cauliflower rice should be seasoned before it’s roasted; this way, it can soak up the salt and spices as it cooks in the oven. I kept it simple for this recipe: salt and garlic powder, but you could toss the “rice” in olive oil with your favorite spices or seasoning blends.
Below are a few ideas to amp up the flavor and make roasted cauliflower rice a favorite recipe. Each ingredient listed includes the amount to use for 4 cups of riced cauliflower.
- Italian Seasoning – 1 teaspoon
- Taco Seasoning – 1 ½ teaspoon
- Roasted Veggie Seasoning – 2 teaspoons
- Curry powder – 1 ½ teaspoons
- Furikake seasoning – 2 teaspoons. *Furikake is a mixture of toasted sesame seeds, nori, salt, and sugar often used for rice dishes.
Make next: Roasted Curried Cauliflower Florets
How to Serve Roasted Cauliflower Rice
Any of these recipes with roasted cauliflower rice are going to be a game-changer at the dinner table. Which one do you plan to make first?
- Thai Chicken Bowls
- Salsa Chicken Burrito BowlsBuffalo Chicken Power Bowls
- Baked Sheet Pan Sausage & Peppers
- Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs
- Chicken Teriyaki
Roasted Cauliflower Rice – EASY!
- 4-6 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Lightly grease a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Place the cauliflower rice onto the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and season with garlic powder and salt. Toss the coat the veggies and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve.