New to cooking salmon in the air fryer? This Air Fryer Salmon recipe will show you that this method is the easiest way to cook salmon, ever!
In just 15 minutes, you’ll have fork-tender delicious salmon every single time.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon
The best part about cooking salmon in the air fryer is that it gets a crispy outer texture we all love from the pan with flaky middles from the oven. You know what I’m talking about, right?
That flaky texture paired with the juiciness makes it irresistible to stop eating. There’s a reason why we don’t have leftovers in our house when salmon is on the menu and it’s because none of us can stop till we’re forced to because it’s gone.
Air Fryer Salmon Ingredients
I promise you that cooking salmon in the air fryer isn’t tricky at all. Just a few easy ingredients are all you need to get started.
Here’s the list of simple ingredients:
- salmon fillets: fresh or frozen salmon and skin-on or skinless fillets are perfectly fine, just make sure you thaw them first.
- olive oil: to help the seasoning mix coat the salmon.
- garlic cloves: grated or minced are best, even garlic powder is an option.
- smoked paprika: the smokey flavor is amazing with the salmon, but regular paprika works, too.
- fresh herbs: fresh herbs really do add an important freshness.
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
Grab the five simple ingredients listed above, and let’s get cooking this easy air fryer salmon recipe!
Here’s how to cook fork-tender flaky salmon every single time:
Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Dry the salmon fillets
Pat dry salmon fillets and place them inside the air fryer basket.
- Combine the ingredients
In a small dish, combine olive oil, garlic, and smoked paprika.
- Coat the salmon fillets
Distribute it over the salmon fillets, and close the air fryer basket.
Cook salmon, at 400F for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- Test the doneness
You know it’s done when the salmon meat separates easily with a fork.
Make next: Salmon Pesto Pasta
How to Season Air Fryer Salmon
The key to seasoning salmon for the air fryer is to add the seasoning right onto the salmon fillets once placed in the air fryer basket. This will reduce run-off and create that nice crust we all love.
As far as seasonings, the possibilities are endless. For this recipe, I stuck with my go-to Spanish Seasoning for salmon.
How Long to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
The length of time to cook the salmon depends on the thickness. For thinner salmon fillets, 10 minutes of cooking time should be perfect. For thicker pieces, 12 minutes of cooking time will be needed.
What Temperature to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
The best temperature to cook salmon in the air fryer is 400F because the circulating air seals the moisture in, creates a nice crust on the outside, and flaky middles.
To achieve this epicness, I recommend you preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes. Doing so means you start with a nice hot air fryer basket and helps the salmon achieve great results in less than 12 minutes of time.
Air Fryer Salmon Success Tips
With a few simple tips, you can cook salmon perfectly every single time!
Do You Have to Flip Air Fried Salmon?
Nope, you don’t have to flip the salmon! The air circulates and cooks all sides evenly without the need to flip.
Can You Use Frozen Salmon
Absolutely. You can use fresh or frozen salmon – so use what you have at home or what is the least expensive at the store.
Skinless or Skin-on Salmon in the Air Fryer
Both skinless and skin-on salmon can be cooked in the air fryer. And, if you cook skin-on salmon pieces in the air fryer, the skin separates easily from the salmon after!.
If you already purchased skinless, go ahead and cook that to perfection with this recipe.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Salmon
Don’t forget that there are many side dishes that pair well with the flavor of salmon. Here are some great side dish options:
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Lemon Broccolini
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Lemon Asparagus
Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs, chopped
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry salmon fillets and place them inside the air fryer basket.
- In a small dish, combine olive oil, garlic, and smoked paprika.
- Distribute it over the salmon fillets, and close the air fryer basket.
- Cook salmon, at 400F for 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- You know it’s done when the salmon meat separates easily with a fork.