Jun 28, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Baked Salmon and Asparagus will have you devouring dinner, and loving that clean-up is a breeze!
In less than 20 minutes, you’ll have a delicious and healthy salmon recipe that’s loaded with flavor with a built-in side dish!
One Pan Salmon and Asaparagus
If you’re new to one-pan baking, get ready to fall in love with this recipe since both the salmon and the asparagus cook at the same time.
All you have to do is line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, bake the meal, and and then throw that foil away after dinner – creating the most epic fast clean-up ever!
The classic salmon and asparagus combination is one that creates a healthy and flavorful dinner that’s going to become part of your rotation.
Salmon Asparagus Ingredients
The ingredients for this one-sheet salmon recipe speak for themselves. They’re simple ingredients that create a flavorful dish.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- salmon fillets: fresh or frozen salmon will work.
- asparagus: use fresh asparagus with the ends trimmed.
- olive oil: avocado oil or coconut oil is great as well.
- lemon: a lime can also be used.
- garlic cloves: minced cloves offer the most flavor but garlic powder.
- fresh chopped parsley: fresh is always best when it comes to herbs.
Want to mix things up? Try sheet pan salmon & potatoes next!
How to Bake Salmon and Asparagus
The other great reason to bake this asparagus and salmon in foil is that it’s the perfect quick and easy weeknight dinner!
Here’s how to make this easy salmon recipe:
- Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Add the salmon and asparagus to a baking sheet
Place the salmon fillets in the middle of the baking sheet and asparagus spears on one side.
- Mix the ingredients
In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Spread onto the salmon and asparagus
Spread the mixture over the tops of the salmon and the asparagus.
Bake, in the preheated oven, for 12-15 minutes (time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon).
- Check for doneness
Remove from the oven, and poke with a fork to check for soft, flaky, salmon and the asparagus are fork-tender.
How Long to Bake Salmon and Asparagus
Cooking time for salmon and asparagus will depend on the thickness of your salmon fillets and the asparagus. Check for doneness with a fork at 12 minutes if the salmon is thin and 15 if it’s a thicker cut. More about the best time & temperature settings for baking salmon here.
How to Know when Asparagus and Salmon are Done
The easiest way to check whether salmon and asparagus are done is to use a fork! The fork should pierce into the spear of the asparagus easily, without needing too much force or pressure.
For the salmon, the fork should be able to pull apart the salmon into flakes easily as well.
You can also use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the salmon. The reading should show 130 degrees to be considered cooked and done.
Try next: Pesto Salmon Pasta Recipe
What Else to Serve with Salmon Asparagus
Even though this baking pan salmon recipe is a full meal in itself, you can always add more sides and flavor!
Baked Salmon & Asparagus
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon zested & juiced (more for garnish)
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley* chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the salmon fillets in the middle of the baking sheet and asparagus spears on one side.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and parsley.
- Spread the mixture over the tops of the salmon and the asparagus.
- Bake, in the preheated oven, for 12-15 minutes (time will vary based on the thickness of your salmon).
- Remove from the oven, and poke with a fork to check for soft, flaky, salmon and the asparagus are fork-tender.
Leave a Reply