Jun 8, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
No one likes dry chicken. No one. This is why these tips for juicy and perfectly baked boneless skinless chicken breasts are the best. The olive oil and simple seasoning make every bite irresistible and delicious.
When you’re looking for a quick and people-pleasing weeknight dinner, this is the easiest way to bake juicy chicken breasts! It’s a family favorite in our household – and I’m sharing all the “juicy” details with you!
Juicy Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Good seasoning, the right baking temperature, and the right amount of time in the oven make this recipe the best for juicy baked boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Everyone loves eating chicken breasts because of the abundance of flavor and meat. The good news is that cooking chicken breasts doesn’t have to be a stressful event either.
To bake the perfect chicken breasts, you just need a few easy ingredients. Once you cut into these moist chicken breasts, you’ll be making this chicken recipe on repeat!
What Temperature To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
For this recipe, we bake our boneless skinless chicken breasts at 400F. This temperature will cook the chicken quickly and evenly without drying out the center.
It’s also important that you use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken, too! It’s not considered done and safe to eat until the internal temperature is 165F.
Read more about how to check boneless skinless chicken breasts for doneness, even if you don’t have a meat thermometer.
How Long To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Since we bake our chicken breasts at 400 degrees, the cooking time will fall somewhere between 20-24 minutes. I recommend that you start checking the internal temperature around 22 minutes or so as it will help the meat stay moist so it’s not overbaked. If you have bone-in/split chicken breasts read about how to bake them here.
Juicy Baked Chicken Breast Ingredients
You’re going to love the ease of ingredients. It’s smooth sailing once you combine and put it into the oven!
- chicken breasts: use boneless skinless chicken breasts to save on prep time.
- olive oil: this helps add moisture and healthy fat to the chicken while also holding on the seasonings.
- garlic powder: adds a delicious flavor that pairs well with the other seasonings.
- paprika: you can use smoked or Spanish.
- Italian seasoning: sprinkle on top generously.
- salt and pepper: add per your taste preferences.
How To Bake Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Once you make these chicken breasts once, you’re going to love the simplicity of this reason. Although be prepared. Everyone is going to give you a TON of credit as this recipe tastes like it’s a lot more difficult than it really is!
Follow the recipe below and you’ll get juicy chicken breasts every single time.
- Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 400F line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Thin the chicken meat
Pound the thickest side of the chicken breasts on a board if one side is significantly thicker than the other, to ensure even baking.
- Combine seasonings
In a bowl, combine the olive oil and seasonings to form a paste.
- Add to the baking sheet
Place the chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet. Spread the garlic herb mixture over the top of the chicken breasts.
Bake, for 20-24 minutes until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165F. Time might vary based on the thickness of the chicken breast, highly recommend cooking chicken by temperature.
Remove the pan from the oven and serve.
How To Keep Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts From Drying Out
To prevent boneless skinless chicken breasts from drying out, seasoning your meat and cooking it for the right amount of time and at the right temperature are equally important.
There are a few simple tips to keep in mind to get your chicken breasts from drying out.
First and foremost, make sure that you’re using some sort of oil to season the chicken breasts! I love using olive oil, but coconut oil and avocado oil would work, too.
Also, be sure that you’re cooking the chicken at the correct temperature for the correct length of time. Cooking chicken breasts for too long is the #1 reason that it’s dried out.
Having chicken breast that is too thick can also cause it to bake unevenly and potentially dry out. This is why I use boneless and skinless chicken breast because it’s a great thickness for easy cooking while maintaining the juiciness I crave.
Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Baking Chart
|Size||Oven Temp||Cook Time|
|small 4-6 oz||350F / 175C||22-30 min|
|traditional 8 oz||375 / 190C||25-30 min|
|traditional 8 oz||400 / 200C||approx 20 min|
Love cooking chicken? Read how to cook Oven-Baked Chicken Thighs the perfect way, too!
What To Serve With Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
Since chicken is such a versatile protein, you can easily add in your favorite side dishes to enjoy! Some delicious side dish options include:
- Cheesy Broccoli Tots
- Spanish Cauliflower Rice
- Simple Bruschetta Salad
- Roasted Summer Vegetables
- Roasted Acorn Squash Slices
The Juiciest Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika smoked or Spanish
- 1 ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pound the thickest side of the chicken breasts on a board if one side is significantly thicker than the other, to ensure even baking.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil and seasonings to form a paste.
- Place the chicken breasts on the lined baking sheet. Spread the garlic herb mixture over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Bake, for 20-24 minutes until the chicken’s internal temperature reaches 165F. Time might vary based on the thickness of the chicken breast, highly recommend cooking chicken by temperature.
- Remove the pan from the oven and serve.
Simple and so delicious