These avocado lunch ideas are fresh, easy to make, and filled with nutrition from a variety of ingredients.
And while we all love to spread avocado over toast and know it as the base for easy guacamole, it’s also a terrific source of fiber and healthy fats, which we all need!
Lunches with Avocado
Avocado goes great with veggies, chicken, eggs, bacon… everything! You can enjoy so many delicious lunches with avocado just by pairing it with simple and fresh ingredients you probably already have in your fridge!
Check out these avocado lunches:
Lunch Salad with Avocado
Salads are the best way to turn leftovers into a complete meal you can easily make in no time at all. Slice the avocado before serving or the morning of, while most of these lunch salads can be made ahead!
How to keep an avocado fresh until lunch
Truth be told, everyone wants to know the secret to keeping avocados fresh until lunch! And while browning (oxidation) is a naturally occurring process, you can slow it down by:
Pack the avocado separately and slice it right before lunch
I recommend cutting the avocado right before lunch, no more than a few hours before eating it.
Wrap it in plastic wrap
If you want to meal prep any of these recipes, you can still prepare the rest of the ingredients ahead of time and wrap the avocado separately to minimize exposure to air.
Squeeze lime juice
The acidity in lime and lemon juice will coat the avocado and slow down the browning process.
Want to get started with a great avocado lunch? Go up and click on the other recipes or here is one for you to try today.
Avocado Lunch Ideas + Avocado Salad Sandwich
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, or any plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, optional
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 8 slices bread
- In a medium bowl, add avocado. Mash until completely smooth. Add yogurt, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Add eggs; stir until ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add a scoop of egg salad to 4 slices of bread and assemble the sandwiches.
- Slice in half and serve.