Have you ever purchased a bottle of buffalo sauce for a recipe, and then the leftovers sat in your fridge for months, magically waiting to be used again? These lettuce wraps are the answer!
Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Cups
These Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are the perfect, healthy party food! You can pre-make a big platter of them and serve them to your guests (or bring them with you to a party) where I’m sure they’ll be devoured.
Whether you use my homemade ranch recipe or store-bought dressing, this is one winner recipe everyone will love.
I’ve even brought it to a party or two, and guests have raved about the simplicity of the dish, and of course, the buffalo flavors are on par with party food.
Other times, I’d use this mixture inside taco shells; because everything is better inside a taco, right? I think so too.
I love tacos so much, I pulled together 52 of my favorite taco recipes, plus drizzles and salsas and put them all in the Taco Tuesday Cookbook. You could say it’s your ultimate guide to the best tacos ever!
These Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps are the kind of meal you can whip up with just a few things you might have in your pantry and fridge:
- Oil: for cooking.
- Onion: a delicious aromatic that makes everything tastier.
- Chickpeas: the star of these wraps. Drain and rinse them before cooking.
- Buffalo sauce: homemade or your favorite store-bought brand.
- Lettuce: butter lettuce or Boston Bibb, to hold the chickpea filling.
- Avocado: a healthy and creamy topping.
- Cilantro or parsley: for garnish.
- Ranch dressing: for drizzling. You’ll find my easy homemade recipe below.
Remember to grab the ingredient measurements in the printable recipe card below.
Of course, if you are buying a bottle of buffalo sauce for this recipe, I have other buffalo recipes for you to try that are also great for everyday meals and party food.
How to Make Them
You can make these Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps in 15 minutes from start to finish and wow everyone! Leftovers are great to top a big bowl of mixed greens or serve inside a taco shell, so double the recipe might be a clever idea! Here’s the step-by-step:
- Make the dressing
If you are making homemade Ranch dressing, combine mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Refrigerate for later.
- Sauté onions
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up oil. Sauté onions for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden and are translucent.
- Cook the chickpeas
Add chickpeas and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 2-3 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and heat up, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring throughout.
Assemble lettuce wraps by scooping ⅓ cup of chickpea mixture onto lettuce leaves, drizzle with homemade ranch, and top with avocado slices.
Serve the lettuce wraps for lunch or dinner with one of these delicious sides.
Watch how quick these come together!
If you are planning ahead to make these Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps later in the week, I’ll show you how to keep lettuce fresher for longer here.
Other Low-Carb Tacos
When you crave tacos but also want a low-carb meal, serve everything in lettuce leaves and enjoy all the flavor without any guilt! Here are my favorite low-carb taco recipes:
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Pork Carnitas Lettuce Cups
- Quick & Easy BLT Lettuce Wraps
- Honey Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Greek Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- Cobb Salad Lettuce Wraps
What are some of your favorite ways of using buffalo sauce?
This fantastic recipe and 51 more can be found in The Taco Tuesday Cookbook.
Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce Wraps
For the Ranch Dressing:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 28 ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (2 14-ounce cans)
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- 1-2 heads of butter lettuce or Boston Bibb,, washed and leaves separated
- Avocado, sliced
- Cilantro or parsley, decorative
Make the dressing:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; refrigerate for later.
Cook the filling:
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up oil. Sauté onions, for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden and are translucent. Add chickpeas and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 2-3 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and heat up, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for and additional 3 minutes stirring throughout.
- Assemble lettuce wraps by scooping ⅓ cup of chickpea mixture onto lettuce leaves, drizzle with homemade ranch, and top with avocado slices.