You already know that buffalo chicken is a thing… and I’m crazy about it! So naturally, I will continue to share my obsession with you with these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups.
We all see buffalo inspired everything around football season but why not enjoy it year round, especially if you can leave all the work to the slow cooker? You read that right! This recipe can also be made in the slow cooker which means you can set it and forget it, until dinnertime!
Well, you probably won’t forget about it since that smoky scent of buffalo sauce will fill your kitchen and you’ll be thinking to yourself that dinner time won’t come soon enough.
If you are a buffalo sauce lover as well, then you’ll want to check out some of my other buffalo recipes like the Buffalo Chickpea Lettuce cups ( a vegetarian version of this recipe) or my Buffalo Chicken Hummus Dip.
But that’s not it. I also have a ridiculously delicious appetizer or side dish in the form of Buffalo Cauliflower Bites! Ok, ok, I’m obsessed with buffalo sauce everything. You can see all my best Buffalo Chicken Recipes here.
This recipe is also keto friendly and gluten-free since it’s served in lettuce cups! Don’t get me wrong, this makes an incredible taco, but I like pairing it with fresh, crisp lettuce to balance out the rich, smoky flavor of the buffalo sauce and tangy bite of blue cheese crumbles! Ah, it’s love at first bite, and you won’t even miss the tortilla!
I have to admit, I’m a blue cheese lover, but my family claims Ranch is the ultimate topping for all things buffalo. I’m not sure who is right, but the fact that both my kids and husband devours this recipe makes me love it even more!
Which one do you prefer, Blue Cheese or Ranch?
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups
Get ready for one epic meal with these Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Cups. It’s smoky, slow-cooked buffalo chicken, wrapped in crisp lettuce, & topped with blue cheese!
- Yield: 6 1x
For the homemade Ranch:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the tacos:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1–2 heads Boston Bibb Lettuce (or similar)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise, milk, parsley, dill, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; refrigerate for later.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up oil. Sauté onions, for about 5 minutes, until they turn golden and are translucent. Add chicken pieces and continue to cook, stirring frequently, for another 5 minutes, until the chicken is no longer pink and is cooked through. Add buffalo sauce and heat up, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for an additional 3 minutes stirring throughout.
- Assemble lettuce cups by scooping 1/3 cup of chicken mixture inside a lettuce leaf, top with blue cheese crumbles, avocado slices, and drizzle with homemade ranch.
To make this recipe inside a slow cooker, brown onions and place them in the bowl of your slow cooker. Place chicken, buffalo sauce, cover, and cook, for 4 hours on high or 6 on how heat. Once cooked, serve following recipe directions.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 242
- Sugar: 1.5g
- Sodium: 419.7mg
- Fat: 11.5g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 28.6g
- Cholesterol: 89.8mg