If you’re still trying to figure out what recipe to make for dinner this week, make sure to add Skillet Spinach & Tomato Tortellini recipe. It’s a 20-minute dinner from start to finish!
When I say that this meal comes together super fast, you’ve got to see this happen. Because quite frankly, this is one of those restaurant-style dishes that is super easy to make at home.
Didn’t that dinner look amazing? Here are 3 perfect occasions to make this Spinach & Tomato Tortellini recipe:
- On weeknights, when you get home late and dinner is SO NOT READY.
- Need to swoon your dinner guests with a restaurant-style meal.
- When you need a little TLC by way of a bowl of warm and cheesy pasta.
Yes, this simple skillet recipe does these things and more. It gives me all the feels.
If you are looking for more family-friendly vegetarian recipes like this one check out the 30-day Meatless Meal Plan.
In it, I share 4 weeks worth of recipes that have been kid-approved and loved by my own family for years.
Whether you’re trying to eat healthier, looking to introduce your kids to more vegetables or even having trouble finding all the ingredients you normally use at the grocery store the 30-day Kid-Approved Vegetarian Meal Plan is just for you!
A wonderful meal doesn’t take a lot of ingredients or fancy kitchen equipment, more like simple and fresh food prepared with your most basic cooking methods.
In this case, it’s pre-made tortellini, chopped spinach, garlic, canned tomatoes, with half n’ half, seasonings, and grated Parmesan cheese. All ingredients I have in my pantry and fridge. If you’re wondering, who keeps tortellini in their fridge at all times? Me!
They are the perfect meal-building ingredient for busy weeknights –like in this Tomato and Tortellini Soup! And, they are great for a quick and easy lunch when you have no bread left.
Now one tool every kitchen cook needs is a good stainless skillet, it makes recipes like this one possible. I love the stainless-steel option because it’s perfect for browning, sautéing, and can go from stove-top to oven.
And unlike the fancy brands, mine is less than $40 and I’ve had it for years. Some of my family’s favorite meals come from a single skillet, and that means fewer dishes to wash. This is what I call #winning.
A few tips to keep in mind for proper stainless steel skillet selection and care:
Make sure it is oven-safe, you’ll be able to make countless recipes without dirtying several dishes.
Opt for a deep pan that can hold lots of veggies and sauce.
Don’t use non-stick cooking spray to grease the surface, these need oil
Hand wash, only. And if you have stuck on items, let them soak. Use a little scrubbing brush like this one to get everything out.
But back to tortellini, the real reason you’re here. As stated before, I use the refrigerated cheese tortellini but you can use the frozen ones, just make sure to cook it according to package directions before tossing it into the cream sauce.
You can serve this Skillet Spinach & Tomato Tortellini recipe as is, with a side salad or, steamed broccoli. And just like that, dinner is served!
Skillet Spinach & Tomato Tortellini
Spinach, tomato, and tortellini with cream sauce, this easy skillet meal is mega-delicious and comes together super fast!
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 12 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the tortellini according to the package directions, drain, and rinse.
- Heat the oil in the bottom of the large pot over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute, careful not to burn it.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the spinach has wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Gradually whisk in half and half and Parmesan cheese, stir and cook, whisking constantly, until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tortellini to the sauce and gently toss to combine.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrates: 32.5g
- Protein: 11g