This Peach Smoothie Bowl tastes so good, it will feel like you’re eating dessert!
After years of baking my Peach Breakfast Bread, I knew it was about time I made the flavors I love a bit more practical for a quicker snack or breakfast on the go. So continuing in my smoothie bowl series I bring you one of my latest obsessions: the Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl.
Why do I love smoothie bowls so much? Well, they are super easy to make, I feel like I’m eating a meal because it’s eating with a spoon, and I get to top it with deliciously crunchy things.
Simple ingredients make this peach smoothie bowl a terrific breakfast or an epic post-workout smoothie. Here’s what you need:
- almond milk: While almond milk is my preference for smoothie bowls, any milk will work for this recipe. So use what you have on hand.
- frozen peaches: grab them frozen so you can enjoy this bowl year-round.
- ice: to make it frosty and add volume.
- chia seeds: a great source of healthy fats and fiber that also helps to thicken the smoothie.
- vanilla protein: adds nutrition and creaminess.
How to Make a Peach Smoothie Bowl
This peach smoothie bowl takes just minutes to prepare. In fact, there’s just two easy steps:
Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth, pausing a few times to stir the mixture if necessary.
Transfer the smoothie inside a medium bowl and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Check out how easy it is to make in this short video.
Peach Smoothie Bowl Toppings
Fruit, milk, and other natural ingredients make smoothies an awesome choice, with many health benefits! And by adding tasty toppings, you can take up the nutritious factor even more!
Here are some delicious toppings ideas to add to this epic peach smoothie bowl:
- Nuts: sliced almonds, cashews, walnuts, or your favorite nuts add healthy fats and crunchiness.
- Seeds: chia, flax, pumpkin, sunflowers, or hemp seeds are the easiest way to add healthy fats, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Shredded coconut: a super tasty topping with zinc and iron.
- Berries: a delicious source of antioxidants with many health benefits. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries. You choose!
- Fresh fruit: banana, figs, kiwi, pineapple, or more peaches! When it comes to smoothies, you can grab fruits you have on hand, cut them, and that’s enough to add more nutrition and fiber.
- Raisins and prunes: a great addition to get more antioxidants and fiber.
How to Thicken a Peach Smoothie Bowl
While the recipe below will yield a wonderfully thick smoothie bowl, here are some extra strategies to increase the thickness of any smoothie bowl.
Any time you need to thicken a smoothie bowl, you can add one of these ingredients to give the bowl a boost.
Add ice – This will not only help make the smoothie super fresh but also add volume and a thicker consistency. Add it before blending!
Add chia seeds – This seed absorbs a lot of liquid, so add it before blending for a nice thick texture and extra nutrition! One tablespoon per smoothie works great.
Add oats – If you already made your smoothie and it’s too runny, add a scoop of raw oats to the blender, pulse a few times, and thicken it right up.
My youngest loves to make smoothies as well even though my bigger ones say that they rather take the smoothie frozen like a popsicle. Kids, you know? Same recipe, same taste, they just like it their own way.
But when you have a picky eater, whatever gets them to eat more fruits and veggies and this smoothie is perfect for that! It’s lower in sugar than most smoothie bowls too, so it’s a great snack option or you can pack this smoothie in the lunchbox.
More Smoothie Bowl Recipes You’ll Love
There’s no way you can go wrong with a smoothie bowl that is both healthy and super delicious! These recipes are just as easy and taste like dessert:
- High Fiber Chocolate Smoothie Bowl
- Strawberry Smoothie Bowl
- Frozen Mocha Frappuccino Bowl
- Blueberry Protein Smoothie Bowl
Peaches and Cream Smoothie Bowl
- shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth, pausing a few times to stir mixture if necessary.
- Transfer smoothie inside a medium bowl and top with your favorite toppings.