Try one of these high-protein snack recipes whenever you need a quick post-workout meal or something to eat on the go.
The recipes and ideas below are perfect for when you crave something delicious and nutritious to keep you satisfied until the next meal.
What are the Best Snacks for After a Workout?
After a workout, our bodies go into repair mode. Eating the right combination of protein, fat, and carbs can help the muscles build back stronger and faster, which means you recover more quickly and make those #gains.
High Protein Snack Recipes
Love to make in bulk have options on hand? I’ve got you! These homemade high-protein snacks are way better than the store-bought since they’re made with simple ingredients that also pack nutrition.
From bars to cookies and smoothies with sweet and salty options, you choose!
High Protein Snack Boxes
Of course, with working out comes an increased appetite; so I often prep post-workout snacks like these to help me refuel.
Over the years, I’ve gotten used to packing complete post-workout snacks for refuel and to help me carry on with my day -so I can avoid raiding my pantry and fridge.
Picnic Snack Box
- Rolled deli turkey
- Sliced cucumber & carrots
- Cheese crisps or cubed cheese
- Grape tomato
Protein: 33 grams
Classic Snack Box
- Whole grain-crackers
- Sliced cheese
- Turkey jerky
Protein: 19 grams
Fruit & Protein Box
- Beef jerky links
- Sliced cheese
Protein: 17 grams
How to Pack Workout Snacks
These post-workout snacks can easily be packed into one of my favorite adult lunchboxes or even my kid’s snack containers. All of these options make it easy to pack snacks ahead of time so I can have them ready when I need them.
Grab-and-Go High Protein Snacks for After Workouts
Want a list of things you can buy and have ready to go for extra protein? Here are some of the best options.
- Naked Whey Protein Powder: 25 grams of protein per serving. Mix with water or any milk for an additional 8 grams of protein.
- Truvani Vegan Protein Powder: 20 grams of protein per serving. Mix with water or non-dairy milk.
- Quest Protein Bars: 20 grams of protein per bar.
- Munk Pack Protein Cookies: 16 grams per cookie.
- Jack Links Beef Jerky: 10 grams of protein per 1-ounce serving.
- Vermont Turkey Jerky Sticks: 9 grams of protein per serving.
- Moon Cheese: 10+ grams protein per 1-ounce serving.
- Tuna Creations Single-Serve Packs: 15 grams of protein per serving.
- Hard-boiled egg: 7 grams of protein.
- Almonds: 7 grams of protein per ¼ cup.
- Greek yogurt: between 15 and 25 grams of protein per cup.
- Rolled deli turkey: 12 grams of protein per 2 ounces.
- Steamed edamame: 12 grams of protein per serving
Whether you’re focused on after-workout fuel or you’re simply trying to get more protein in your day, these snacks will keep you going day after day!