Check out these delicious and healthy slow cooker meals you can make for easy weeknight dinners and meal prep.
You don’t need to spend hours in the kitchen prepping a million different vegetables or waiting for the meat to finish cooking to eat a balanced meal.
With slow cooker recipes, you can make incredible and ready-to-eat meals with basic pantry staples and minimal time in the kitchen. It’s an easy and effective way to avoid burnout and make tasty recipes that the family will enjoy.
Slow Cooker Recipes
Everyone should have a slow cooker in their kitchen. They’re the ultimate cooking tool for prepping ahead on days when you can’t be bothered to spend hours in the kitchen. Just toss your ingredients in the dish, set to cook, and dinner is made. Even better, you’ll come home to a house filled with delicious smells.
Not to mention, slow cooker recipes are incredibly versatile and make an easy way to use up those freezer and pantry staples for a party appetizer, soup, or high protein dinner. There’s definitely a recipe for you.
Slow Cooker Chicken Dinners
Chicken is the one ingredient almost everyone can agree on and the perfect fit for countless slow cooker recipes. Craving Mexican, Italian, or Asian take-out? The recipes below have got you covered.
Can’t get enough chicken? I get it, and with over 70 recipes, I decided to put together an ENTIRE BOOK of incredible chicken dinner ideas that are easy to make and eliminate any chances of chicken burnout.
THE Only Chicken Cookbook You’ll Need
The 70+ recipes inside Chicken. It’s What’s For Dinner will make everyone’s favorite white meat more exciting to eat!
Whether you’re just learning to cook or know your way around the kitchen, the recipes inside the eBook are simple and delicious.
Slow Cooker Soups
Slow cooker soups are a lifesaver, and even better, the leftovers make epic thermos lunches.
Slow Cooker Tacos
As if you needed another reason to eat tacos. These recipes can be prepped ahead and assembled come dinner time, so Taco Tuesday stays easy and always delicious.
Recipe Basics in the Slow Cooker
Easily adaptable, these slow cooker meal basics can be made to fit any dietary needs for the easiest meal prep ever, whether it’s low-carb, vegetarian, or Whole30 approved.
Which slow cooker recipe will you try first?
Best Slow Cooker Dinners
Crockpot Parmesan Chicken
- 1 can (28oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooked angel hair pasta, for serving (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large (6 quart) slow cooker, place half of the crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic, and salt. Place chicken breasts inside the slow cooker, top with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese, and pour remaining crushed tomatoes on top.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook, on low for 8 hours or 4 on high.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler and line a baking sheet with foil. In a small bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Spread in a thin, even layer on foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until breadcrumbs are evenly golden brown.
- When chicken is cooked through, sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top. Serve in bowls over pasta, if desired, topping the chicken with breadcrumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese.