If chicken dinners are a winner at your house as much as mine, you’re going to love these family-friendly dinner ideas!
Easy Chicken Skillet Recipes
More than once, these dinner ideas with chicken have come to the rescue when the question, “What should I make for dinner?” passes through my mind. The best part is that they’re easy to make in a skillet and use our favorite ingredient: chicken!
Click through to get to the recipe.
With these recipes, you’ll never have to wonder what to make for dinner on a Monday night again, or any night of the week! Which recipe are you trying first?
20+ Skillet Chicken Dinner Ideas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch of saffron threads or
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken thighs, skin side down and brown for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set aside onto a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions, bell peppers, and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute, until softened, then season with saffron, or paprika, salt, and bay leaf. Continue to sauté until golden brown and softened, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the rice. Cook for an additional minute while stirring, then add the chicken broth, stir, and top the mixture with the chicken thighs. Bring to a simmer and cover with lid, cook for 30 minutes.
- In the final 5 minutes of cooking, top the rice mixture with frozen peas and cover with lid. Once the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 175F and the rice is tender, remove the pan from heat.
- Serve chicken thighs over rice.