December 13, 2022
These savory breakfast ideas are a terrific alternative to traditional sweet breakfast foods like pancakes.
From egg scrambles, tacos, and breakfast sandwiches, to savory oatmeal, there’s something for everyone in one of these incredible recipes.
Savory Breakfast Recipes
These recipes are perfect for a relaxed weekend brunch -company optional- and for that classic breakfast for dinner night!
All are made with simple and fresh ingredients you often include in your weekly shopping list already.
Do you love oats for breakfast? Then you have to try these savory oatmeal breakfast recipes: wholesome meals that are also delicious and filling without weighing you down!
These savory muffins are scrumptious and packed with veggies and protein. That means tons of nutrition in a portable breakfast!
Savory Breakfast Bread
Bread is a breakfast classic! These simple and delicious savory recipes will make you forget about store-bought bread and biscuits.
Taco night is my favorite dinner of the week, so why not enjoy all these amazing flavors first thing in the morning? These breakfast tacos are a terrific way to start the day with a delicious and satisfying meal that will keep you full for hours.
Savory Breakfast Ideas: Greek Oats Plus 27 more!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk or unsweetened almond milk, not vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 ounces feta cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- Pitted black olives
- Sliced cucumbers, optional
- Sliced red bell peppers, optional
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the oats and cook for 30 seconds to toast.
- Add the water and milk to the pot and bring it to a simmer.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes until the oats reach a thick consistency adding more water in if necessary.
- Stir in the salt, garlic powder, and oregano. Keep on very low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with at least 2 inches of cold water. Stir in ½ tablespoon of salt and place over high heat until it reaches a boil.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, cover it with a tight-fitting lid and let it sit for 6 minutes.
- Drain the water from the saucepan and transfer the eggs to an ice bath. Allow them to cool for 5 minutes before peeling.
- Divide the oatmeal between 4 bowls, and top each with a halved soft-boiled egg, feta cheese, olives, and sliced veggies.