These Strawberry Overnight Oats have the perfect texture, creamy taste, and fresh flavor we all love from that strawberries & cream combination.
Plus, making them is so easy, you’re going to want to make this breakfast on repeat.
The Best Oats for Overnight Oats
When I first made this recipe, I used steel cut oats. I had bought a huge bag to develop some recipes, so I used those and they were delicious!
Since, I’ve mainly switched to old fashioned oats, mostly because they still have that hearty texture I love without being grain-like, which is what you get when you use steel-cut oats.
You can also use quick-cooking oats for the recipe, keeping the measurements the same. In the end, the best oats for overnight oats are the ones you love to eat!
Strawberry Overnight Oats Ingredients
It doesn’t take a lot to make this delicious breakfast all you need is:
- Old fashioned or steel-cut oats – for thickest texture don’t use quick oats
- Ground flaxseed – to help thicken and add a dose of healthy fats and fiber
- Milk – regular or your favorite non-dairy option
- Pure vanilla extract
- Sliced strawberries
- Maple syrup – All you need is a little to sweeten the oats. If you don’t have maple syrup on hand, use honey, agave nectar, or equal parts brown sugar.
While this is a recipe for Strawberry Overnight Oats, if you take out the strawberries it leaves the perfect base layer you can use to create your own recipe of overnight oats.
Add-ins are where you get to dress up overnight oats to your heart’s content. You can make this recipe as is or stir in a few more items like the ones below.
- Sliced bananas
- Peanut butter or nut butter alternative
- Greek Yogurt
- Coconut flakes
- Mini chocolate chip
- Pumpkin seeds
How to Make Strawberry Overnight Oats
Once you make oats this way, you’ll find it hard to go back to the stovetop method. Overnight oats require no cooking, only stirring and refrigeration.
Before you head to bed, grab a glass jar or airtight container, and let’s get to it!
- In a glass jar, combine the oats, ground flax, milk, and vanilla. Stir to combine. Top with strawberries and refrigerate.
- In the morning, stir to combine, drizzle with a little maple syrup and enjoy.
Dairy-Free Strawberry Overnight Oats
Swap the regular milk for your favorite dairy-free alternative to make this a dairy-free breakfast. I prefer almond milk but you can do soymilk, rice milk, even oat milk! As long as the oats have liquid to absorb, you’re good to go. And for this strawberries and cream recipe oat recipe, the creamier the milk substitute, the better.
The same can be done if you wanted to add yogurt to the recipe for a creamy delicious twist. Instead of Greek yogurt use coconut or almond yogurt.
How Long do Strawberry Overnight Oats Last?
When stored in the refrigerator overnight oats can last for up to 5 days!
Yes, you read that right- 5 days. It’s easy, healthy, delicious, and the smartest meal prep breakfast EVER!
How to Serve Overnight Oats
Depending on where you plan to spend breakfast, you can enjoy overnight oats chilled and straight from the jar (my personal favorite). If you’re a hot breakfast kind of gal transfer them to a bowl and warm them in the microwave.
The important part is having them ready to go for a filling and balanced breakfast first thing in the morning.Print
Strawberry Overnight Oats
These homemade strawberries and cream overnight oatmeal jars are fresh and delicious. Enjoy them cold out of the fridge or warmed for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave.
- Prep Time: 5
- Total Time: 5
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 cups old fashion oats
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 3 cups milk, your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Place four jars on a flat surface. Fill each jar with ½ cup oats, ½ teaspoon ground flax, ¾ cup milk, and ½ teaspoon vanilla. Stir to combine. Top with strawberries and refrigerate.
- In the morning, stir to combine. Warm-up if desired or enjoy cold.
If you are using quick or instant oats, reduce the liquid to ½ cup per jar.
If you like warm oats, heat them up in the microwave for 30seconds to a minute.
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 213
- Sugar: 3.9g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Fat: 2.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 34g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: how to make overnight oats, easy overnight oats, overnight oats with strawberries
Want more overnight oats? Check out these other delicious recipes
- Peaches & Cream Overnight Oats
- Banana Overnight Oats with Honey & Almond Butter
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
- Pineapple Overnight Oats
- Banana Split Overnight Oats