As the temperatures begin to dip and the autumn season makes its round, our anticipation for hearty, comforting meals steadily increases. In this post, you’ll find a comprehensive list of fall dinner ideas that will feed the family and satisfy your need for something cozy and delicious.
Fall Foods and Flavors
When we think fall foods, it’s hearty stews, creamy pastas, and baked goods laced with cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon, right? Not to mention “all things pumpkin spice”!
Pretty much everything we’ve looked forward to since last October.
Table of contents
And that’s the kind of recipe I’m sharing below. Each of these fall recipes are made with simple, in-season ingredients, that will make you thankful for cooler weather and cozy dinners.
Easy Fall Dinner Recipes
Below are the types of one-skillet and sheet pan recipes that feed a family and don’t require spending half the night in the kitchen. Out of this list, you’ll find an epic juicy baked chicken, cheesy beef pasta, and breakfast for dinner option featuring the MVP of fall: pumpkin.
- Loaded Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potatoes
- Chicken Pot Pie Pasta
- Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Parmesan & Peas Risotto
- Cheesy Beef Goulash
Healthy Fall Dinner Ideas
When we think of cozy fall food, we often think of heavy dishes, lots of carbs, and rich sauces, but who said comfort food can’t be good for you? Here’s the fall edition of healthy and satisfying dinners even the kids will love:
- Turkey Skillet Shepherd’s Pie
- Pork Carnita Lettuce Cups
- Spanish Chicken & Rice
- Bacon & Spinach Frittata
Fall Soup Recipes
There’s nothing like cozying up to a bowl of soup on a crisp, cool evening. This list includes vegetarian, grain-free, gluten-free, veggie-loaded, and of course, chicken soups.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Mexican Bean & Vegetable Soup
- Slow Cooker Tomato Soup
- Enchilada Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Fall Side Dishes
Side dishes are one of the best parts of fall dinners and a Thanksgiving feast. The list below provides a good mix of recipes you can serve at both events while showing you delicious ways to prepare seasonal autumn vegetables that will make your family “fall in love”.
- Southern Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Sweet Potato Stacks
- Roasted Parsnips
- Carrot, Potato, and Pea Ragout
- Roasted Fall Vegetables
Entertaining Fall Dishes
Hosting a get-together or Thanksgiving dinner? I’ve got just what you need to impress a crowd and give your dinner table a delicious variety of hor d’ oeuvres and sweet treats.
- Creamy Spinach & Hummus Dip
- Easy Pumpkin Scones
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- Loaded Baked Potato Deviled Eggs
- Frozen Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Popover Rolls
40+ Best Fall Dinner Ideas
Chicken Taco Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounce can corn, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 to 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beans, corn, and taco seasoning. Brown until the veggies are softened.
- Add the salsa, tomatoes, chicken, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil before reducing the heat and simmering for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve in bowls topped with sour cream and avocado